Celebrating 16 years in Thailand


Thailand in November was magical. 

Steve and I were lucky enough to celebrate 16 years of marriage, union, happiness, tears, learning, growing, evolving, cherishing, nurturing, loving and child raising in Thailand. Feeling beyond blessed to share my life with SUCH a beautiful human in SUCH a beautiful place!!!

we visited Phuket, Phi Phi and Krabi. Everything about that trip was unexpected starting with my bag not arriving with our plane when we landed. My luggage lost somewhere in Shanghai for days left me with literally nothing but the clothes on my back. My suggestion, after learning the hard way, when traveling that far from home, travel with extra clothing and at least one swim suit in your carry on. We were on the move and getting my bags delivered to me was tricky. I had to purchase swimsuits and clothes from street vendors and let's just say the style and sizing in Asia is very different! I couldn't find makeup other than lip gloss so my clothing and pictures most of the trip is let's just say raw beauty! (trying to be kind to my un-done no makeup look on that trip) Besides the fact I personally wasn't wearing what I had planned....everything...I mean everything else was absolutely breath-taking BEAUTIFUL.

One of the highlights of the trip for us was we happened to be in there during a full moon celebration on a thai 12th moon called Loi Krathong. We purchased home made boats made by locals that we sent into the ocean. These are symbols of Buddhism.

1. The candle is a symbol of knowledge and wisdom. The joss stick is a symbol of purity and sympathy. The flower represents worship of monks who are disciples of Buddha. The worshipping item is used to make merit for deceased ancestors.

2. Strands of hair, nail clippings or even bits of clothes that one doesn't use anymore are often put into a krathong to get rid of the bad stuff of the past. (Steve and I placed hair and nail clippings as we were advised, but did not give any bits of clothes as I had none to spare LOL)

 3. Coins are added to krathong to bring wealth and as a way of making merit.

4. For the romantic at heart or young couples, Loi Krathong is the time to make a wish for happiness together. Steve and I capitalized on that!

I put together a little edit of our time there.


https://vimeo.com/251907867

Comments

Popular Posts