New Beginnings

It's Monday again and Mondays must be my writing days...
It's that time of year. A new school year has started and the kids are back to school. I'm starting to feel the autumn chill creep into the late evening and early morning hours. Astrologically we are experiencing a new moon. This is a time that signifies new beginnings. New moons symbolically are a blank page on which to speak your dreams out loud, to set intentions for a new phase, and to set goals. It kind of seems like a new school year for me too, and I'm excited to see what this new phase brings for my husband, my littles, and me.
I've silently been feeling the need to transition my efforts away from design and focus on my family. I love to design. It's an outlet like nothing else I've experienced. I love to create and celebrate beauty. I love it when my clients are finally at home in their homes because their vision for it was finally implemented. It's such a good thing for me and that is why for the last two years I've struggled with this underlying nudge to slowly transition away from the tedious hours of my design career. I know I'm supposed to focus my energies elsewhere. I've prayed and meditated on what is next for us. What is my next step?
I created a slideshow of these quiet answers I've received over the last few years. I just needed a way to get these abstract ideas outside of my brain so I can make goals for my family and me in this new moon phase.

LOVE from Amy Hart on Vimeo.

Comments

Popular Posts