Today....A Gift


Hi. I know I know this Blog has been left neglected after a long fun summer. I had good intentions to write at least once a week but it just didn't happen that way. I often punish myself somewhere in the corner of my mind for not getting enough accomplished. I'm just not going to do it today! I'm showing up in October having not been here since March, happy that I was so busy playing with my kids that I didn't have a second to write. I'm in my 30's and still have the urge to create "to do" lists a person in there 20's with no children would never have the energy to complete. I really get down on myself at the end of the day that I had not done enough. I even stopped today and wondered which was higher on my to do list. This entry or the laundry? Today the entry won!

I woke up and checked my email and glanced at facebook for an moment. There was an overwhelming theme in the posts and emails today. Live in the Present....today is a gift. The thought made me smile and realize the many gifts I have today....right now! I'm not going to lie the last few years have been the hardest years for Steve and I (financially)in the 10 years that we have been married. I have found ways to wonder what we had done to desearve such horrible luck. It's been hard for me lately to stay as positive as I should. Maybe that's why I create such horribly long to-do lists. So I don't have to concentrate on the negetives....but while I am busy distracting myself from the pain.....I have found I have distracted myself from all of the beautiful moments that happen to me regulary. I have a Beautiful life with beautiful children and a freakin fantastic husband! I am going to start today to really live in the present. For I know today is a gift.

Comments

  1. Amy you are simply beautiful! You have a big heart an amazing family and a smile like sunshine I hope you know just how much we love you and will only start to question "Wheres Amy these days" if we dont see a post for a year or longer. But your right today is called the present because each day is a gift live it like its your last.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts